Sinai Health’s Human Rights & Health Equity team hosted an introductory webinar on data stratification for Toronto Central LHIN hospitals and CHCs: “Data stratification 101: Basic statistical concepts”
The webinar introduced general concepts and tools to help health-care organizations plan for stratifying clinical indicators. The following topics were covered:
- Basic statistics knowledge and terminology;
- Main types of statistical tests;
- Format for presenting results; and
- Resources and educational tools for learning more about statistics and analysis (e.g. websites offering basic statistical testing, affordable online courses).
- Webinar level: Beginner
- Target audience: The webinar was designed for staff working in Toronto Central LHIN CHCs and hospitals. Specifically for staff:
- working on collating, summarizing, and/or analyzing demographic data (data summary, data stratification, etc.);
- involved in planning for the use of patient/client demographic data; and
- with interest in learning about the fundamental concepts and methods of statistics.