This train-the-trainer event was an interactive workshop held on two separate days for hospitals and CHCs and provided them with a range of skills and knowledge to lead the Measuring Health Equity in Toronto Central LHIN project within their organizations.
As part of embedding the collection and use of demographic data in the Toronto Central LHIN, Sinai Health System hosted two separate interactive train-the-trainer workshops for hospitals and CHCs. The goals of the session were to:
- Enable attendants to train and educate colleagues on Measuring Health Equity mandate
- Provide an in-depth review of the purpose of the 8 demographic questions
- Share best practices in data collection based on Toronto Central experiences and facilitate knowledge exchange
- Build skills on how to answer questions from patients/clients, staff, community partners, etc.
- Review all materials and resources developed over the span of the mandate